"Providing care support and safe environment, where individuals can freely express themselves, helping them build confidence and give them control over their lives as much as possible."
An initial assessment of service users needs, health conditions and preferences are done before they move in the care home. As we know that many individuals may find changes difficult, this initial assessment combined with consultation of the individual’s families and friends about the service user’s needs are used to make sure that their transition from their previous place offers predictability, stability and control.
Grosvenor House provides care for individuals with:
- Moderate to severe Learning Disability
- Profound Multiple Learning Disability
- Physical Disability
- Severe Cognitive Disability
- Brain/spinal damage
- Mental Health Issues – Bipolar disease, Depression, Schizophrenia, Psychosis
- Challenging Behaviour
- Autism related Syndromes (Asperger’s Syndrome, Rett Syndrome, Prader - Willi Syndrome, Down’s Syndrome, Fragile X Syndrome, Phelan – McDermid syndrome]
- ADD – attention deficient disorder
- ADHD – attention deficient hyperactive disorder
- Complex chronic medical conditions needing care
- Congenital brain damage, Cerebral Palsy
Although the individuals will be assessed with long term high support, we expect our support to result in improvements in conditions and the person’s independence. We provide support services tailored to each individual based on the understanding of their needs and interests. Some of the activities include but are not limited to:.
- Companion cycling
- Local walk
- Chit-chat in Hounslow, Treaty Centre
- Reflection/Sensory in Feltham
- Hydro-pool in Teddington
- Swimming in Feltham
- Friday dinner at local pub
- Temple visits